Civil/Structural Engineer (Wastewater)
Los Angeles, CA | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the Continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Civil / Structural Engineer (Wastewater) with one of our top clients. As a Civil / Structural Engineer (Wastewater), you will be supporting our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients.
The Civil / Structural Engineer (Wastewater) will be working on the City’s Wastewater Capital Improvement Program. The Civil / Structural Engineer (Wastewater) will be responsible for working in conjunction with the engineering team and City staff to produce project designs, to include:.
- Conducting field inspections and investigations of aluminum, steel and concrete structures
- Preparing design calculations or technical reports that include analysis of problems and recommended solutions
- Analyzing and solving structural problems caused by the marine environment and galvanic reaction
- Writing specifications
- Coordinating with City / civil service organizations
Specific qualifications for the Civil / Structural Engineer (Wastewater) role include:
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in structural engineering design
- Knowledgeable with construction material and methodology used to mitigate the corrosive and marine environment at wastewater treatment plants
- Basic knowledge of various processes such as headworks, primary clarifiers, aeration basins secondary clarifiers, disinfection processes, anaerobic digestion, reverse osmosis, membrane bioreactors, solids dewatering and other membrane processes
- Knowledge and application of industry codes and standards such as LABC, IBC, CBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI and OSHA
- Good understanding of safety issues including California OSHA regulations
- Must have or attain the Envision Specialist (ENV SP) certification within 2 months of being hired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Revit
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!