Washington, DC | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have great assignments for Construction Inspectors with some of our top clients. As a Construction Inspector, you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineering, construction, technical and management services firms.
As a Construction Inspector, you will be supporting our client, one of the world’s largest engineering, construction, technical and management services firms. The Construction Inspector will join the project team on-site at multiple federal building job sites in Washington D.C. The Construction Inspector will be responsible to enforce construction standards and code regulations while verifying structural integrity in renovation projects.
- Inspecting various facets of work on the construction site and performing continuous surveillance of assigned construction activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and specifications.
- Preparing correspondence and maintaining official construction site records.
- Conducting meetings to resolve problems on construction projects, and briefing clients and management personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of construction practices and workmanship including experience in proper uses of construction materials and installation methods.
- In-depth experience in interpreting construction drawings and specifications on construction projects.
Specific qualifications for the Construction Inspector role include:
- 7+ years’ construction inspection experience.
- OSHA 10 hour certification required, 30 hour preferred.
- USACE/NAVFAC Construction Quality Control Course Certified.
- High-rise construction experience, including façades.
- Experience with architectural finishes and interior fit outs.
- Knowledge of PROLOG.
- Must be able to pass standard Federal background investigation.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!