Baltimore, MD 21244
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for an Electrical Designer in Baltimore, MD. This individual will support our client, a growing engineering services firm in Maryland with projects across mid-Atlantic region. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Electrical Designer position will be responsible for working directly with the project managers, project engineers and other team members.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Designer include:
- Managing work flow and production by:
- Coordinating design responsibilities with in house design staff to create various components of plans and specifications
- Obtaining product data from catalogues and online resources in support of design initiatives
- Assisting in or conducting surveys of existing buildings to:
- Document existing conditions
- Verify physical fit of proposed systems
- Create existing condition drawings
- Reading and interpreting drawings, sketches and mark‐ups while transferring mark‐ups into appropriate computer programs
- Performing system design, calculations, component sizing, layouts and equipment selections based on concepts provided by the Project Engineer, Project Manager and Principal in Charge
- Transferring files and coordinating drawing standards with architects and peer consultants to develop designs
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Designer role include:
- High school diploma with drafting course work at the high school or trade school level
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD, latest version
- Revit, latest version
- AGi32, preferred
- A valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in U.S.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Of
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.