Lead Electrical Engineer
Springfield, VA 20151
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Lead Electrical Engineer. This individual will support our client, a premier global government and private-sector partner supporting critical programs based out of Chantilly, VA, with projects in Springfield, VA. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will become a part of our client’s Operations & Maintenance team supporting a mission critical customer by providing services to include construction, power generation, warehousing, transportation systems, environmental health and safety, security and all aspects of maintaining and repairing the site and its ancillary buildings in Springfield, VA. The Lead Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the management, oversight and planning for engineering design, procurement and construction modifications to the installation that affect the performance of critical mission systems.
Responsibilities of the Lead Electrical Engineer include:
- Approving and managing proposed engineering solutions and modifications to the installation to include:
- Red line drawings
- Statement of Work (SOW) List responsibilities – double check for spelling, grammar and readability
- Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM)
- Managing the successful operation and planning associated with the following:
- Program-related configuration management
- Project / construction management
- Recapitalization planning and engineering related functions
- Developing energy program, analyzing trends and researching solutions to present to client
Specific qualifications for the Lead Electrical Engineer include:
- B.S. Degree or higher in engineering or similar applicable discipline
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Virginia or able to obtain PE certification within 90 days of hire
- 5 years of electrical experience providing troubleshooting and design support to facility electrical systems
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time ranging up to $300k per project
- Experience with reviewing preventive maintenance plans
- Experience performing over all capacity management, maintaining building calculations to manage supply available with loads required
- Experience with SIEMENS and Lutron systems is preferred
- Experience executing ArcFlash studies
- Experience with SKM software is preferred (Power systems analysis and design software for fault calculations, load flow, coordination and arc flash hazards)
- Experience with Electrical Power Management Systems (EPMS) is preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active TS government security clearance, with an active TS/SCI preferred
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and LEED Green Associate or LEED AP (O&M) certification is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.