Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We have a great assignment for a Project Engineer supporting the Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) in the accomplishment of its mission. The Project Engineer will join the project team on-site at the Pentagon supporting the design and construction management of new built and renovation projects.
The Project Engineer is an entry-level position that acts in a technical and administrative supporting role, and responsibilities include:
- Project document management, quality assurance and review of shop drawings and material submittals for compliance with plans and specifications
- Managing requests for information and field verifying conditions per project specifications
- Preparing regular reports on project status and assisting in the development of scopes of work for future projects
- Managing closeout documentation, project transition packages and preparing contract amendments
- Managing reviews and execution of design review processes
- Managing suspense of all submittals, Requests for Information (RFI), changes, estimates and daily quality assurance (QA) and safety reports
- Ensuring all documentation received is logged and maintaining all electronic documents on a network shared drive
- Ensuring Design / Build contractor is meeting submittal deliverable requirements per the specifications and their submittal register is accurate and updated
- Preparing contract amendments and manager reviews, executing design review processes and gathering requirements
- Attending and participating in site orientation visits, meetings and conferences
Specific qualifications for the Project Engineer role include:
BS degree in engineering, architecture or construction management (preferred - relevant work experience may be substituted for degree)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!