Project Manager II
Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We have a great assignment for a Project Manager II supporting the Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Facilities Services Directorate (FSD) in the accomplishment of its mission. The Project Manager II will join the project team on-site at the Pentagon supporting the design and construction management of new built and renovation projects.
The Project Manager II is responsible for providing mid-level experience and expertise congruent with position requirements. Work assignments range from quality assurance (QA), facility engineering, requirements gathering, technical writing (e.g. statements of work, plan and specifications), document control (e.g. preparing contract documents and document management) and general construction project management services.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Providing a broad array of construction management services to include centralized oversight of major in-house and outsourced technical efforts
- Providing centralized multi-disciplinary technical assistance encompassing requirements gathering, design review / coordination, and project management
- Coordinating tenant requirements
- Preparing and managing contract documents, including submittals, deliverables processing and change orders
- Managing integrated project teams, the project site and D/B contractor personnel from day-to-day
- Ensuring the design build (D/B) contractor implements an effective quality control (QC) plan
- Reviewing designs and overseeing architecture and engineering (A/E) design services
- Ensuring all activities related to projects are executed according to WHS, customer, DoD and related outside agency requirements and regulations
- Assisting in claims resolution (e.g. bonding and claims mitigation or negotiation)
Specific qualifications for the Project Manager II role include:
- BS degree in engineering, architecture or construction management (preferred – individuals without a degree must have 10 years of construction related specialized technical experience)
- Professional registration preferred
- 7 years related work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!