Senior Drainage Engineer
Houston, TX 77057
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level AEC employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's top companies, enabling us access to the top opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for a Senior Drainage Engineer. This individual will support our client, a growing engineering services firm in Houston, Texas. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Senior Drainage Engineer position is located in Houston, TX and will manage drainage projects for our client at the local, regional and national level.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Drainage Engineer include:
- Conducting hydraulics and hydrology (H&H) data collection
- Modeling and design work, to include:
- Storm drain networks
- Stormwater master plans
- Stream channel restoration or rehabilitation plans
- Preparing proposals, scopes of work, contract cost estimates and presentations
- Providing ongoing project management
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team, to include the training and mentoring of junior staff
Specific qualifications for the Senior Drainage Engineer role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental or water resources engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred (any state is acceptable)
- Eight (8) or more years of relevant experience, which can include a combination of the following types of projects:
- Water resources
- Civil (e.g. culverts, bridges and roadways)
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software; preferred experience includes:
- MicroStation; experience with V8 is preferred
- SewerCAD and StormNet; experience with Version 10 is preferred
- Hydrologic Engineering Center River Analysis System (HEC-RAS) and Hydrologic Engineering Center Hydrologic Modeling System (HEC-HMS)
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!