Specialized Design - Electrical Engineer, Entry Level
Chantilly, VA 20151
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an entry-level Specialized Design, Electrical Engineer . This individual will support our client, a leading MEP Engineering firm based out of Northern Virginia, with projects across the globe. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Electrical Engineer will become a part of our client’s Specialized Design Group in Chantilly, VA. This group works as a team in a fast-paced, hands-on environment to meet client needs on specialized, mission critical projects.
The responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer include:
- Supporting senior engineers in tasks such as:
- Power / controls circuit and schematic design
- Hands on fabricating to assist in creating electrical circuitry and other facilities-based solutions; e.g. retrofitting commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products
- Minimal software programming on systems such as IMCS (an internal propriety monitoring system) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Designing, integrating, testing and supporting unique heating, cooling, power and monitoring solutions for mission critical facilities
- Identifying and helping to resolve technical and operational challenges
- Participating in meetings with senior engineers and clients to provide project status updates
- Coordinating with team members and interacting with contractors and customers to ensure project success and ongoing client satisfaction
- Preparing manuals, parts lists, proposals and design documentation
- Helping research and development keep up with current electrical advances using new technologies
The Electrical Engineer must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn, have good time-management skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and must be comfortable with a broad scope of cradle-to-grave design engineering.
Specific qualifications for the Specialized Design - Electrical Engineer role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- One (1) or more years of broad scope, cradle-to-grave engineering experience is preferred, but not required. Ideal experience and knowledge could be garnered through college coursework, internships or on-the-job experience, and could include:
- Facility engineering experience
- Industrial, manufacturing or control systems design
- Experience with industrial or network communications protocols
- An understanding of single and three-phase power systems
- A general knowledge of control systems, including physical design and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) / Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, preferably the most recent version
- Experience using design software is highly preferred, such as:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!