Washington, DC | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for Superintendent with one of our top clients. As a Superintendent, you will be supporting our client, a commercial general contractor located in the Washington, DC. The Superintendent will oversee commercial buildings, educational institutions, and retail, restaurant and hospitality projects. Projects are located mainly in Washington, DC area
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall leadership of on-site construction operations. They will provide supervision and technical management of subcontractors and other construction related personnel, and include; the planning, coordination, and execution of the work so that projects are completed in a high quality and safe manner, meeting budget and schedule objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing relationships with clients, internal team, subcontractors, and inspectors
- Maintaining a three- week forecasts schedule to ensure projects are completed by specified deadlines, including daily reports and pictures
- Ensuring materials are ordered and delivered to the job site on time and that they are verified and secured.
- Scheduling subcontractors and ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Controlling costs to ensure completion of the project within budget.
- Maintaining control of project quality and flow.
- Producing weekly job reports with photos.
- Conducting subcontract meetings to discuss job progress and safety
- Overall safety on the job site and quality control plan.
- Managing project close- out to include required inspections, commissioning, and completion of the punch list.
- Maintaining “as-built” documents throughout the duration of the project.
- The supervision and technical management of subcontractors and other construction related personnel, and include; the planning, coordination, and execution of the work.
Specific qualifications for the Superintendent role include:
- Four year degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- Five years commercial construction experience with K-12 experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication needed.
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to high-quality work
- Thorough knowledge of Windows/Word/Excel a must.
- Construction degree and/or commensurate experience required.
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations is requires
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Profit Sharing/401K
- Personal Time Off Package
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Referral Program
- Voluntary benefits
- Free onsite yoga classes
- Training and Education
- Quarterly Team Building Events
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!