York, PA | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Superintendent with one of our top clients. As a Superintendent, you will be supporting our client, a well-established contractor focused on Industrial, Commercial and Healthcare construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. This is an exciting, long-term opportunity based in York, Pennsylvania.
The Superintendent is primarily responsible for the planning, organization and oversight of jobsite manpower and equipment needed to complete projects within specified time frame while staying on budget and meeting quality standards. The Superintendent ensures a safe working environment at all times. Project size ranges from $1,000 to $10 Million:
- Determine jobsite labor requirements and coordinate manpower needed with Project Manager
- Develop 3-week look ahead schedule for manpower
- Direct, train and evaluate craftsmen and laborers as needed
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed daily – labor hours, cost spreadsheets, equipment and material costs, etc.
- Ensure clear understanding of contract, schedule and scope of work and manage accordingly
- Maintain clear communication with Project Manager
- Promote and manage jobsite safety
- Monitor and maintain quality and production
- Maintain a neat and organized jobsite
- Work as a team member, assisting with physical tasks as needed to complete job
Specific qualifications for the Superintendent role include:
- 5+ years of experience in a Superintendent role with a general contractor
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office products
- Able to read and understand construction drawings
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage cost, schedule, quality and safety on construction sites
- OSHA certification preferred
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet! Contact us today!