Washington, DC 20003 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Architectural Inspector in Washington, DC. This individual will support our client, one of the world’s largest engineering, construction, technical and management firms. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Architectural Inspector will become a part of our client’s team, working on the day shift, in Washington, DC. This individual will support multi-trade complex building construction and renovation projects, and will be responsible for coordinating and performing general field inspections for all disciplines.
Responsibilities of the Architectural Inspector include:
- Inspects work at the site(s) for contract and code compliance
- Recommend approvals or rejections of materials and workmanship as appropriate
- Monitor labor and safety requirements
- Complete written inspection reports and maintain records of defects and omissions
Specific qualifications for the Architectural Inspector role include:
- Associate’s degree in a construction related field, trade school or equivalent certification is required, however a degree or certification can be waived for 10 years of experience in a similar inspection role
- Ten (10) years minimum construction inspection experience, with:
- A strong back-round in field inspection of Historical Architectural renovations and industry practices
- Experience working on NAVFAC or United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) projects, preferred
- USACE Construction Quality Manager (CQM) certified
- OSHA 30 hour certification
- Proficient with construction management software, such as E- Builder
- Authorized to work in the US and able to pass standard Federal background investigation
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.