Associate Property Manager
Tysons, VA 22102
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Associate Property Manager with one of our top clients. As an Associate Property Manager, you will be supporting our client, a Real Estate Investment Trust that acquires, develops, owns and leases commercial multi-tenant flex, office and industrial space.
The Associate Property Manager is responsible for supporting the Property Manager in all phases of operation including property maintenance, meetings and routine follow-up in addition to assisting with capital projects. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via regular proactive communication, meetings and routine follow-up and inform Property Manager of topics discussed and action items to be addressed
- Prepare tenant welcome package and letters; conduct tenant orientation meetings to review tenant welcome package, move-in requirements, general property information (including security access cards, etc.) and rules & regulations
- Ensure all move-in / move-out paperwork is completed correctly including certificates of insurance, signage, move management and closeout & inspection and has been approved by the Property Manager
- Prepare all appropriate forms including move-out reconciliation forms, accounting adjustments and Suite Acceptance Letters
- Assist Property Manager with the development of RFP’s and execution of contracts and purchase orders and manage all contracts, work performed, progress payments and lease abstracts in Yardi
- Regularly monitor service contractors to ensure service is being delivered as per contract specifications and that insurance and contract documentation is in place; ensure seamless and cost effective customer service is delivered by managing tenant work to completion
- Partner with Property Manager to identify and achieve additional tenant service income; administer renewal program and maximize tenant renewals
- Respond to customer complaints and inquiries, resolve issues and perform post follow-ups
- Analyze current maintenance programs / procedures and make recommendations to Property Manager that ensure operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Regularly inspect tenant space, common areas, base building areas and grounds to ensure a high level of maintenance.
- Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable Reports updating the potential collection of various past due receivable balances and keeping the Property Manager informed of past due and problem accounts on a timely basis
- Prepare rent increase letters, tenant “pay or quit” notices and investigate late accounts
- Assist Property Manager with invoice review and processing as well as monthly variance reports
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
Specific qualifications for the Associate Property Manager role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 year in an administrative function and 1-3 years of commercial, residential, multi-family, retail or hospitality property management experience required
- Basic accounting experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; intermediate to advanced skills in Excel preferred; experience with Yardi (Voyager) helpful; ability to learn new computer software required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientation and strong organizational abilities
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information
*Must be willing report to office outside of regular hours in the event of a property emergency if Property Manager is unable to respond.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes the following:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans including Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
- 3 Floating Holidays in addition to accrued vacation days
- Accrual of 10 vacation days for the first year and 15 vacations days after 1 year of service
- No-cost-to-employee Life & Disability Insurance with coverage amounts up to 2x annual earnings, inclusive of bonus potential
- 401(k) company match after 1 year of service
- Opportunity to work for one of the most successful REIT’s in the industry
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!