Bridge Inspection Engineer
Dillsburg, PA 17019
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level AEC employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's top companies, enabling us access to the top opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for a Bridge Inspection Engineer. This individual will support our client, a growing engineering services firm in central Pennsylvania. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Bridge Inspection Engineer position is based in Dillsburg, PA, and will be responsible for design, inspection and load rating of bridges within the client's growing portfolio of primarily PennDOT work.
Responsibilities of the Bridge Inspection Engineer include:
- Performing calculations and analysis for designing bridge and other transportation structures
- Reviewing calculations and design details developed by others
- Performing quantity take-off for bridge project engineer’s estimate
- Performing bridge safety inspections and develop inspection reports
- Performing load ratings on bridges of various type size and complexity
Specific qualifications for the Bridge Inspection Engineer role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or civil engineering technology
- Minimum of E.I. T. with P.E. a plus
- Four (4) years minimum of bridge inspection experience utilizing a combination Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) design software, MicroStation 8I, and SOD soil management software; additional bridge design experience is preferred
- PennDOT certified Bridge Safety Inspector Certification or National Highway Institute (NHI) Bridge Safety Inspector Certification required
- Some overnight travel required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!