Building Controls / Automation Engineer II - Clearance Required
Arlington, VA 22046 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have an assignment for a Building Controls/Automation Engineer II in Arlington, VA requiring a Secret Clearance. This position will be supporting mission critical projects throughout the National Capital Region (NCR). In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Building Controls/Automation Engineer II will be responsible for managing the design standards supporting the controls discipline, partnering with internal teams to develop execution strategy, managing change life cycle and integrating controls into the ecosystem of the design standards.
The responsibilities of the Building Controls/Automation Engineer II include:
- Contributing expertise regarding the following:
- Direct digital controls systems
- Building automation and automated control systems
- Computerized, lighting and HVAC control systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Transformers and switchgears
- Leading standardization in controls engineering, quality approval, process control, product evaluation and vendor proposals
- Responsible for evolving controls systems strategies, processes, including design, specifications, programming, control logic & sequences, simulation, testing, evaluation and integration
- Preparing project status briefings, developing and maintaining performance matrixes and preparing well-written technical reports
- Monitoring and reviewing building systems construction activities for significant deviations from design documents, code or industry standards to help ensure conformance with the approved design, the WHS Building Code and the UFCs
Specific qualifications for the Building Controls/Automation Engineer II include:
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline*
- Ten (10) years of engineering experience in building controls design, construction operations or maintenance*
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must posses and be able to maintain a Secret clearance
* Additional combinations of education, licensure and experience may be considered, but are subject to government acceptance.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.