Houston, TX 77057 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a CAD Designer. This individual will support our client, a growing engineering firm based out of Jackson, MS with projects in Mississippi and Texas areas. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The CAD Designer will become a part of our client’s team in Houston, TX, and will be responsible for creating computer-aided design modeling for state and municipal clients.
Responsibilities of the CAD Designer include:
- Setting up and managing MicroStation workspace for projects
- Developing and assisting in creating Plans, Specifications and Details to support the engineering design plans. Projects include the planning of:
- Roadway improvement
- Roadway lighting
- Traffic management
- Signing and pavement markings
- Coordinating drawing files and electronic submittals
- Performing electronic project file management
- Managing general QA/QC of CAD Work performed by other CAD staff
Specific qualifications for the CAD Designer role include:
- Associates degree in Technical Drafting is preferred or similar degree
- Minimum of five (5) years design experience to include:
- Roadway design
- Traffic control
- Signing & pavement markings
- Understanding of Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) CAD standards
- Experience using the following software:
- Microstation – Version 2019
- AutoCAD Design – Versions 2018 & 2021
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Design – Version 2018
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.