Civil Design Engineer (Land)
Arlington, VA 22201 | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Civil Design Engineer (Land) with one of our top clients. Our client provides professional design services for institutional, government and private clients with expertise in master planning, sustainable design, landscape architecture and civil engineering.
The Civil Design Engineer (Land) is responsible for planning and designing land development, utility systems, roadways and other infrastructure components for the government, institutional, commercial, airports, and transportation related projects.
The Civil Design Engineer (Land) will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate sites for proposed construction and make recommendations
- Produce detailed designs and documentation for construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
- Develop and organize the delivery of Project Plans and Specifications
- Consult with other engineers, architects, landscape architects, environmental scientists and other project consultants
- Design Civil Construction Projects including land development, utility, permitting, stormwater management, grading and other infrastructure components for government, institutional, commercial, dam, reservoir and airport projects
- Prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects and coordinate the development of construction drawings
Specific qualifications for the Civil Design Engineer (Land) role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 2 - 4+ years of Civil Engineering Design experience
- Experience in land development design to include utility, permitting, stormwater management, grading and site design
- Must have EIT certification
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and willingness to travel outside the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!