Civil Design Engineer (Land)
Arlington, VA 22201 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Civil Engineer with one of our top clients. Our client is a professional design services company for institutional, government and private clients with expertise in master planning, sustainable design, landscape architecture and civil engineering.
The Civil Engineer is responsible for planning and designing land development, utility systems, roadways and other infrastructure components for the government, institutional, commercial and related projects.
The Civil Engineer shall:
- Evaluate sites for proposed construction and make recommendations
- Produce detailed designs and documentation for construction and implementation of civil engineering projects
- Develop and organize the delivery of Project Plans and Specifications
- Consult with other engineers, architects, landscape architects, environmental scientists and other project consultants
- Design Civil Construction Projects including the design land development, utility, permitting stormwater management, grading and other infrastructure components for government, institutional, commercial, dam and reservoir projects
- Prepare engineering calculations required for the design of projects and coordinate the development of construction drawings
Specific qualifications for the Civil Engineer role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 2+ years of Civil Engineering design experience
- Experience in land development design to include utility, permitting, stormwater management, grading and site design
- Must have valid EIT certification
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required
- Be willing to travel outside the U.S.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen*
*The nature of this position requires all candidates to be US Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an Active Clearance. Background checks will be required prior to start of assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!