Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Commercial Painting Estimator with one of our top clients. As a Commercial Painting Estimator, you will be supporting our client, a premier specialty contractor serving the Washington Metropolitan area. This is a long-term opportunity based in Northern Virginia.
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Painting Estimator will be to estimate commercial painting projects in the Washington Metro area. Projects average $50K to $100K in size, annual volume is $15M to $20M and responsibilities include:
- Be highly-skilled in estimating, reading, understanding and accurately interpreting specifications and drawings
- Review, analyze and qualify incoming vendor and subcontractor bid submissions for monetary and scope accuracy
- Utilize OnScreen take-off or similar software for project-specific needs, perform and confirm multiple measurements and quantity take-offs
- Communicate effectively with vendors and subcontractors to accurately assess project scope and supply capabilities within the parameters of the pricing submitted and actual project requirements
- Work independently and on a team as working well in both capacities is critical to the success of the estimator
- Work with internal team members such as project managers, coordinators and superintendents to assist in information-gathering for accurate bid submission