Construction Cost Estimator
Dulles, VA 20166 | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Construction Cost Estimator with one of our top clients. Our client is a full-service consulting firm offering a wide array of Program and Construction Management, Project Controls and Engineering Services.
The Construction Cost Estimator will manage a wide range of Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build construction projects throughout the project lifecycle, and shall:
- Work in a team environment for multiple clients with different estimating needs
- Develop standard operating procedures and templates for a variety of clients and contracts according to their needs
- Independently prepare cost estimates from plans, drawings and documents from conceptual stage to final design / construction documents
- Develop and prepare conceptual estimates using limited preliminary design documents and information
- Collect and maintain historical cost data using applicable data from past similar projects in order to improve the accuracy of estimates
- Conduct value analysis, life cycle costing, constructability analysis, cost modeling and alternatives analysis
- Conduct regional market analysis factoring, work scope definition and integration of construction scheduling factors for projects across the continental U.S.
- Assist the project management staff with the management of project scope budget, and schedule
- Participate in and facilitate group meetings
Specific qualifications for the Construction Cost Estimator role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field
- 5+ years in a cost estimating role
- Knowledge of roadway, structure, traffic engineering and vertical construction means and methods is required
- Knowledge of State and Federal contracting requirements
- Understanding of Contract Documents, materials performance, environmental, legal and safety responsibilities related to construction is also required
- Understanding of CSI format and UniFormat II classification systems
- Ability to obtain CCP or CEP certification
- Certified Construction Manager through the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) or similar Construction Manager Certification is preferred
- Proficiency with cost estimating software (Timberline, RSMeans CostWorks, Blue Book and other software)
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!