Corpus Christi, TX 32212-0143 | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has matched qualified candidates with their ideal opportunities in both the Federal and commercial environments. Founded and operated by management and AEC professionals, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies and Government customers. You have the talent, drive, and expertise - we have the right connections. Together we can help to build you a better career. Contact us today!
In anticipation of an upcoming contract, RealStreet is currently seeking a Construction Manager. The Construction Manager will support the customer at Naval Air Station (NAS) Corpus Christi, Texas.
The Construction Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and conducting post-award kickoff meetings and pre-construction conferences
- Maintaining proper construction contract document files according to NAVFAC standards.
- Scheduling, conducting, and documenting regular progress meetings and other construction related project meetings with all interested parties to review project status, discuss problems, and resolve issues
- Reviewing project plans and specifications for technical soundness and provide constructability review comments
- Visit and monitor project sites to obtain information on facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project development
- Monitoring the design and construction clarification process and, when appropriate, remind the designer and other parties involved of the need for timely actions
- Providing technical assistance in answering requests for information (RFI) from construction contractors
- Analyzing construction schedule submittals by construction contractors for appropriate logic and compliance with contract terms
- Reviewing and monitoring project schedules for construction progress with emphasis on milestone completion
- Performing cost and price review on change order proposals that are within the scope of work to highlight hidden and unnecessary costs.
- Administering technical aspects of construction contract modifications
- Assisting in problem resolution and handling of disputed issues
- Resolving problems not involving changes to contract value or duration and recommend solutions
- Reviewing and recommending approval of the construction contractor’s Quality Control Plan
- Regularly reviewing Quality Assurance reports from engineering technicians and ensure daily reports are filed in the contract file.
- Reviewing and recommending approval of the construction contractor’s safety/accident prevention plans
- Ensuring construction contractor maintains and regularly updates as-built drawings
- Managing the NAVFAC Red Zone process for completing jobs, beginning at 75% construction complete or 90 days before the construction contract completion date, whichever is earlier.
- Participating in final acceptance and testing of major building systems
- Ensuring the contractor provides a complete set of Operation and Maintenance Support Information (OMSI) Manuals
- Coordinating the closeout process
The Construction Manager must meet the following requirements and have the following licenses and certifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited university or in architecture from a NAAB accredited university
- 5+ years’ technical and practical knowledge and experience as a Construction Manager, Project Manager, or Project Controls Manager
- Current certification of successful completion of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Construction Quality Management for Contractors course
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NAVFAC & USACE Three-Phases of Control and Construction Quality Management process is required
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes to the contract documents
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and construction management skills
- Ability to monitor construction projects to a successful and timely completion with respect to schedule and budget
- Expert in the knowledge and usage of Primavera scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages including logic networking, critical path scheduling, and cost loaded schedules
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements and as outlined in the EM-385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements Manual and 29 CFR
- RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match