Senior Construction Project Manager
Baltimore, MD 21230 | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Senior Construction Project Manager with one of our top clients. As a Senior Construction Project Manager, you will be supporting our client, a construction management and general contracting firm recently named one of the “Greatest Places to Work”.
The Senior Construction Project Manager position is based in Baltimore, Maryland. Typical projects range between $1M and $50M supporting a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Residential, Education and Industrial. The Senior-Level Construction Project Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities from concept through completion, to include:
- Leading pre-construction efforts including cost estimates, cost studies, value engineering, schedules, constructability reviews, site logistics plans, cash flow projections and attending design progress meetings
- Leading a comprehensive bid effort including setting up a call sheet, preparing and sending out invitations to bids, advertising as required for public projects or bid strategies, preparing a project manual and distributing bidding documents
- Verifying proper bid requirements including insurances, permits, MBE’s, prevailing wages, taxes and bonding
- Developing comprehensive scopes of work as required for contracting a project
- Preparing and negotiating subcontract agreements and purchase orders
- Preparing and completing the job start-up and closeout checklists
- Organizing biweekly progress meetings with Owner and Architect and preparing meeting minutes
- Preparing and updating a project schedule independently or with the assistance of a scheduling consultant
- Ensuring project controls are in place and being executed including Timberline Project Management software utilized for cost controls, and project documentation for RFI’s, submittals, contracts and change orders
- Preparing change orders for approval and evaluating for potential schedule delays and costs
- Preparing and submitting timely Applications for Payment and tracking project budgets
- Managing project team members including project engineers
- Monitoring and initialing timesheets for all team members working on assigned projects
Specific qualifications for the Senior Construction Project Manager role include:
- B.S. Degree or higher in engineering, construction management or similar applicable discipline
- 10 years minimum project management experience working on projects between $1M and $50M
- 3 years minimum experience leading a comprehensive bid effort
- 3 years minimum experience leading a comprehensive preconstruction effort including estimating, budgeting and CPM scheduling
- Experience with various construction software programs such as Timberline, MS Project, Primavera, Revit, PlanGrid, etc.
- Project Management skills including RFI’s, submittals, change orders, invoices, scopes of work, value engineering, financial projects, subcontractor management, and client contract & subcontract agreements
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!