Construction Safety Officer
Blue Ridge Summit, PA 19380
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected construction management executives to owners and leading contractors, working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country specializing exclusively in this area, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading organizations enabling us access to the top engineering and construction programs throughout the country.
RealStreet has an assignment for a Construction Safety Officer in Blue Ridge Summit, PA. This individual will support our client, a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure support services serving federal, state and local government. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Construction Safety Officer will be working with other senior management team members and will be expected to create, maintain, update, analyze and report on engineering and construction project schedules.
Additional duties include:
- Assisting the Regional Safety Manager (RSM) in implementing the Corporate Health & Safety Program including the performance of associated Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) inspections
- Conducting monthly office safety inspections and providing quarterly Office Safety Reports to the RSM
- Providing required training such as confined space and blood borne pathogens (BBP)
- Assisting in the preparation of Site Health and Safety Plans and arranging for review of all safety plans by the RSM prior to submittal to the Project Manager (PM) for approval
- Reviewing Health and Safety Plans and authorizing field equipment requisitions when delegated such authority by the RSM
- Monitoring office safety training needs and providing or assisting the RSM during activities as training lecturer
- Assisting with Notice of Incident Report preparation and reviewing, transmitting mishap investigations in accordance with the client’s Mishap Management Program (MMP)
Specific qualifications for the Construction Safety Officer role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years minimum of continuous experience as a construction safety officer
- Current Secret Clearance
- Must be familiar with USACE EM 385-1-1
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training
- OSHA Construction Safety (30 hour) training
- Certified in Red Cross First Aid and CPR
- Direct experience in supporting excavation, heavy equipment inspection, scaffolding, electrical safety, confined space entry and demolition
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred, but not required
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long – Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!