Nashville, TN 37072
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level AEC employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's top companies, enabling us access to the top opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for a Superintendent. This individual will support our client, a growing construction firm in Nashville, Tennessee. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Construction Superintendent position is based in Nashville, TN, and will be responsible daily for effectively managing sizable construction sites for projects that typically range in size up to $5 million.
Additional responsibilities of the Construction Superintendent include:
- Manage and direct multiple subcontractors on jobsite daily to ensure scope of work is completed within budget and on schedule
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly company-required paperwork accurately and in sufficient detail
- Create and maintain schedule to ensure optimal levels of production
- Enforce all current OSHA / ANSI safety compliance requirements on-site at all times
- Schedule inspections and meet with inspectors, landlords, architects, stakeholders, etc.
- Uphold and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Collect and track submittals, Requests for Information (RFI), change orders, as-built drawings, warranties, etc.
- Present professional company image at all times
Specific qualifications for the Construction Superintendent role include:
- 2 years minimum experience working as a Field Manager for a commercial general contractor supervising projects ranging from $1-5 million; experience working on commercial construction, including retail.
- Must provide documentation for current OSHA 30, CPR and Basic First Aid certifications
- Must be highly detail-oriented and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with project managers, estimators, sub-contractors, owners, developers, architects and other professionals in the construction industry
- Must have the ability to read blueprints
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with:
- The Microsoft Office
- Bluebeam, MS Project and Adobe Professional is preferred
- Must have a valid, current Driver’s License
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!