Construction Support Engineering Technician (Quality Assurance)
Ridgecrest, CA 20003
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet has an assignment for a Construction Support Engineering Technician in Ridgecrest, CA. As a Construction Support Engineering Technician with RealStreet, you will be working on a Government contract to provide oversight duties for individual construction projects. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Construction Support Engineering Technician position is based in Ridgecrest, CA, and will be responsible for providing on-site Quality Assurance and safety compliance on projects with a value in the range of $5M-$400M. Additional responsibilities of the Construction Support Engineering Technician include:
- Providing overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects
- Providing recommendations toward approval of contractor quality control plan
- Attending selective quality control, preparatory and initial meetings and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness
- Providing relevant remarks on Government Quality Assurance reports
- Taking, filing and distributing progress photos
- Validating quantity, condition and approval of materials on-site prior to Government issuing invoice payments
- Coordinating support to review and witness successful testing and commissioning and certification of critical systems
- Performing cursory review of Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs) and ensuring via the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) that these are discussed by the construction contractor prior to beginning each work activity
- Reviewing and providing recommendations towards acceptance of Crane Critical Lift Plans
- Ensuring construction contractor is conducting monthly site safety self-evaluations and submitting the information with the pay vouchers/invoices
Specific qualifications for the Construction Support Engineering Technician role include:
- 6 years minimum experience as a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager (QA/QC) or Superintendent working for general contractors on NAVFAC, USACE or Federal projects.
- Experience as a QA/QC manager may be substituted with 10 years of experience as a foreman in one or more of the following trades:
- Carpentry on commercial/industrial/military projects
- OR 5 years as an engineering technician with either NAVFAC or USACE
- Well versed in quality control processes as they relate to construction projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements with the USACE EM-385-1-1, safety and health manual and/or the OSHA 29 CFR 1926, construction regulations
- Technical expertise in at least one construction trade
- Fundamental knowledge and skill with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Active Secret clearance is preferred
- Ability to traverse construction jobsites
- Must have a valid, current Driver’s License
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.