Buffalo, NY 14225
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Cost Estimator with one of our top clients. Our client is a radiological science, engineering and remediation company that specializes in the Decontamination and Decommissioning (D&D) of buildings, facilities and land areas.
The Cost Estimator will be responsible for directing all phases of contaminated site remediation for federal and commercial clients in support of the Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) Remediation Team, and shall:
- Develop and prepare proposals including estimates for federal and commercial opportunities
- Provide knowledge and experience with all phases of contaminated site remediation that include: studies, design, permitting and regulatory negotiation, construction, remedial action, demolition and decommissioning, and operations and maintenance (O&M)
- Be responsible for leading and developing the implementation of remediation strategies
- Manage interdisciplinary project teams and control schedule and cost on firm fixed price (FFP) and cost-reimbursable projects
- Assist with maintaining positive working relationships with clients, regulators, subcontractors, union representatives and other stakeholders
Specific qualifications for the Cost Estimator role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other applicable fields from an accredited university
- Minimum 10 years of experience with managing complex turnkey remediation projects
- Experience with estimating, scheduling and cost management on federal projects including USACE and Navy projects
- Knowledge of both federal subcontract procurement and environmental compliance regulations
- Experience using estimating software such as Timberline, RSMeans Costworks and Bluebeam preferred
- Professional certification such as PE, PG or PMP preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain an active clearance
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!