Disaster Recovery Support - Maria
Puerto Rico, PR 22201 | Temp/Contract
RealStreet is being deployed to Puerto Rico under the Stafford Act in support of FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) program. We are actively searching for highly qualified and experienced architecture, engineering and construction professionals to join the Hurricane Maria post-disaster recovery efforts.
The following positions are requested:
- Building and Code Specialists
- Construction Managers (commercial, municipal)
- Cost Estimators
- Engineering Professionals (civil, structural, electrical, multi-disciplined)
- Insurance Adjusters
- Planners (environmental, land, economic, etc.)
Salary range is between $55.00 - $70.00 per hour plus overtime, based upon experience, position requirements, classification criteria and skill level qualifications. Full expenses are paid, including travel to and from the site, lodging and per diem in accordance with the GSA schedule. Health plan, LTD, dental, and vision plans are available.
A generous 401(k) with huge company match is available upon attaining eligibility. All positions are W2 as an employee of RealStreet.
Successful candidates willing to become a ‘Part of the Team’ with RealStreet will commit to complete training, honoring deployment commitments and overall availability.
Candidates with previous FEMA disaster experience and training are strongly encouraged to apply. Please indicate training received and PW experience by category and number of each type PW completed.
Cost Estimators must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Extensive experience with cost estimating for reconstruction, infrastructure repair and capital projects
- Demonstrated experience implementing the Stafford Act in support of public assistance programs
- Experience with RSMeans / CostWorks is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in recommending methods of repair in accordance with FEMA's law, regulations and policies is preferred
All applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements for position for which they are applying:
- First level professionals shall possess an Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in their field of expertise
- Mid-level professionals shall possess either a professional registration, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in their field of expertise and a Undergraduate Degree, or an Undergraduate Degree and ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise
- Senior-level professionals shall possess either a professional registration and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise and a Undergraduate Degree; or an Undergraduate Degree and fifteen (15) years of experience in their field of expertise.
- As these are Public Trust positions, all candidates must submit to and successfully be deemed suitable for such a position as a result of an FBI background check. Failure to satisfactorily complete any aspect of this process is grounds for immediate termination.
- You must be able to work seven (7) days a week for extremely long hours each day and leave your home with 48 hours notice. Working conditions are a post-disaster environment. This means a lack of power, telephone, hotels, and most other modern conveniences for a long period of time. Stress levels are high, but the rewards are great. The people we are helping need to get their lives back in order, we are there to help.
Build a better career with RealStreet!