Electrical Cost Estimator
Alexandria, VA 22314 | Temp/Contract to Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Electrical Cost Estimator with one of our top clients. Our client is a cost and project management firm that provides independent, practical and actionable advice to their clients.
The Electrical Cost Estimator will assist with preparing the client with cost estimating, bid analysis, change order management, life-cycle costs analysis, contractual interpretation and positioning, value management and all other commercial construction aspects. The Electrical Cost Estimator will collaborate between our cost managers and project managers such that each benefits from the other’s project experience and complementary skill sets to continually improve services.
The Electrical Cost Estimator shall:
- Provide conceptual cost estimating using narrative, program areas & line diagrams AND detailed cost estimating with labor and material breakdown
- Apply knowledge of the electrical trade
- Provide detailed cost estimates with labor, material and equipment breakdowns at all stages of project life-cycle: feasibility, concept through the various design stages to pre-bid
- Provide change order management
- Perform bid analysis
- Prepare and discuss pricing of deficiencies as part of the Facility Condition Assessment service
- Attend project site visits both in and outside the continental United States on an as-needed basis
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Cost Estimator role include:
- 5+ years cost management and estimating experience on medium to large-scale construction projects such as hospitality, commercial, educational and governmental with specific reference to the electrical trade
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a construction-related discipline OR equivalent field experience
- A solid understanding of the construction industry including quantity surveying, construction management, engineering and architecture
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and problem-solve
- Capacity to work in a team setting with minimal supervision or direction
- Experience in writing business documents such as reports, detailed letters and emails
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Experience with estimating software such as Bluebeam
- Must Be a U.S. Citizen*
*The nature of this position requires all candidates to be US Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an Active Clearance. Background checks will be required prior to start of assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!