Glen Burnie, MD | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Electrical Designer with one of our top clients. As an Electrical Designer, you will be supporting our client, a mechanical, electrical and construction management firm providing M/E/P engineering consulting, design and construction management services for various commercial construction projects and clients nationwide.
The Electrical Designer will be responsible for performing electrical calculations, providing code research and designing power, light and fire alarm systems for various commercial office buildings, interior office tenants, retail, multi-family residential and other projects, to include:
- Performing electrical calculations and design for power, lighting and fire alarm systems for various projects
- Printing, collating and sending out drawings
- Updating backgrounds from architects
- Conducting field surveys on various projects
- Inspecting contractors work at construction site along with the Engineer
- Performing designs in AutoCAD and Revit
- Attending weekly engineering staff coordination meetings
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Designer role include:
- B.S. degree in electrical engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited college or university
- Minimum of three years of electrical design experience in electrical power systems for commercial and multi-family residential construction projects
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred
- Knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code), IBC (International Building Code) and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) codes for commercial buildings and systems
- Proficient in the latest versions of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Revit is a plus
- Ability to perform field survey work
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a choice of health care coverage, prescription, dental and vision plans, life insurance, paid time off and a 401k with company match.
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!