Electrical Engineering Group Manager
Richmond, VA 23060 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Group Manager. This individual will support our client, an architectural and engineering (A/E) services specializing in the worldwide design of secure, mission-driven facilities. The position is based in Richmond, VA and provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Electrical Engineering Group Manager will become a part of our client’s Special Programs team located in Richmond, VA metro area. The Electrical Engineering Group Manager is primarily responsible for leading and directing others to precisely create project documents to include plans and BIM models, specifications, power studies and reports, and support documents (basis of design); while checking work delegated to other engineers and designers to ensure projects are successfully completed within scope.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineering Group Manager include:
- Serve as key point of contact to architectural and electrical clients for communication and project responsibilities such as meetings, conference calls, comment review/responses, etc.
- Steady communication with market sector leader and project managers, as well as direct reports and others within the department, to ensure projects within the group are delivered successfully and clients are satisfied
- Assign staff to projects and ensure group staffing alignment complements other staff needs within departments
- Review timesheets, conduct performance reviews, sets/reviews/managers team goals provide compensation input
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Engineering Group Manager include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited school
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Eight (8) years of electrical engineering experience, including:
- Two (2) years of experience managing people
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) and ASHRAE 90.1 energy codes
- Experience with design criteria such as UFCs, OBO design standards and GSA policies
- Familiarity with the Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM)
- Knowledge of advanced concepts such as systems reliability and electrical system coordination and protection
- Ability to lead and train others in all aspects of electrical and telecommunications design, as an expert
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have ability to obtain security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.