Electrical Project Engineer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer in Baltimore, MD. This individual will support our client, a growing engineering services firm in Maryland with projects across mid-Atlantic region. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for completing electrical designs and assisting project managers fulfill the scope of work on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Project Engineer include:
- Performing system design, layout and equipment selection
- Coordinating design responsibilities with:
- In-house architects and engineering design staff
- Utility providers
- Conducting surveys of existing buildings to create existing condition drawings
- Attending and participating in meetings with project team and owners
- Coordinating with vendors to obtain equipment selection and product data
- Performing construction phase duties, including:
- Review of product data and shop drawings
- Providing responses to contractor’s RFIs
- Conducting site reviews
- Reviewing proposed change orders
- Completing punch list activities
- Managing and supervising staff, such as:
- Specification Writers
- System Modelers
- CAD Technicians
- Communicating staffing and scheduling issues in a timely manner
Specific qualifications for the Electrical Project Engineer role include:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from ABET accredited school with 5 years of experience; however, a high school diploma with ten (10) years of experience as an electrical engineering designer may be substituted
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in U.S.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.