Arlington, VA | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Estimator with one of our top clients. As an Estimator, you will be supporting our client, one of the largest providers of professional engineering, consulting and project management services.
The Estimator will be responsible for developing independent government cost estimates for long term projects (MILCON) and current maintenance, repair, alteration and construction projects using Timberline, RS Means and Excel. This position is located in Arlington, VA, and will be responsible for:
- Preparing ROMs (Rough Order of Magnitude) for construction projects, AE studies or maintenance work during the planning phase
- Preparing IGEs (Independent Government Estimate) for construction projects, AE studies or maintenance work once SOW requirements are defined and for any contract change orders
- Reviewing contractor pricing from proposal through change orders and identifying any issues with the costing
- Supporting Project Manager in negotiations
Specific qualifications for the Estimator role include:
- Four-year degree in construction management, engineering or related field OR equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Minimum of 3 years construction cost estimating experience
- Experience with RS Means
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!