Baltimore, MD | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Estimator (Construction) with one of our top clients. As an Estimator (Construction), you will be supporting our client, a mid-sized construction management and general contracting firm recently named one of the “Greatest Places to Work”.
The Estimator (Construction) will be responsible for preparing estimates for a variety of commercial and industrial construction projects. The Estimator (Construction) must be able to read and understand blueprints in order to translate them into accurate quantity takeoffs, to include:
- Receiving and logging documents for various projects
- Take off plans for all material quantities and labor associated with a job
- Creating subcontractor list for project and set up pre-bid site meeting, if necessary
- Scheduling, coordinating and assisting with subcontractor site meetings
- Creating transmittals and distributing plans for subcontractors
- Receiving RFI’s for scope of work from subcontractors and distributing to proper authorities for answers
- Receiving, interpreting and processing vendor and subcontractor RFI’s
- Creating and reviewing submittals and shop drawings and coordinating approval process
- Coordinating with architects, engineers, vendors and subcontractors on job scope and implementation
- Ability to field measure for various products and materials prior to job start
- Visiting site for preliminary information gathering, i.e. photographs, existing conditions, size of electrical panels, ceiling heights, etc.
- Assisting in sourcing products and materials for various projects
- Reviewing, analyzing and verifying bids for accuracy with subcontractors and vendors
Specific qualifications for the Estimator (Construction) role include:
- B.S. degree or higher in engineering or construction management field is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to estimate for all construction trades to include MEP
- Working knowledge of the Design-Build process
- 5+ years estimating experience with a general contractor or similar
- Experienced with various construction software programs such as AutoCAD, Timberline, MS Project, Primavera, etc.
- Able to read and understand construction documents to perform accurate quantity takeoffs
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and apply now!