Various Locations, USA US
In support of FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) program, we are actively searching for architects to support disaster recovery efforts. Potential labor categories include:
- Architectural Historian
- Historic Architect
FEMA Architects will be responsible for tasks, such as:
- Conducting site inspections and ensure that any proposed project actions comply with environmental, floodplain, and historic preservation laws, regulations, and executive orders
- Analyzing professional architectural/engineering reports and designs, and thoroughly documenting analyses in writing
- Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Validating applicant-provided scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Developing and reviewing cost estimates
- Advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process, and should arbitration hearings occur, testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf
All positions are W2 as an employee of RealStreet. Company benefits include: health plan, LTD, dental and vision plans. A generous 401(k) with huge company match is available upon attaining eligibility.
Salary is based upon experience, position requirements, classification criteria and skill level qualifications. Full expenses are paid, (including travel to and from the site, lodging and per diem) in accordance with the GSA schedule.
Candidates with previous FEMA disaster experience and training are strongly encouraged to apply. Please indicate training received and PW experience by category and number of each type PW completed.
Successful candidates willing to become a ‘Part of the Team’ with RealStreet will commit to complete training, honoring deployment commitments and overall availability.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements for position for which they are applying:
- First-level professionals shall possess an Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in their field of expertise*
- Mid-level professionals shall possess a minimum of an Undergraduate Degree, five (5) years of experience in their field of expertise and a professional registration or an Undergraduate Degree with ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise*
- Senior-level professionals shall possess a minimum of an Undergraduate Degree, ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise and a professional registration or an Undergraduate Degree with fifteen (15) years of experience in their field of expertise*
*Note: some positions require a degree and/or professional registration regardless of the level and years of experience.
As these are Public Trust positions, all candidates must submit to and successfully be deemed suitable for such a position as a result of an FBI background check. Failure to satisfactorily complete any aspect of this process is grounds for immediate termination.
You must be able to work seven (7) days a week for extremely long hours each day and leave your home within 48 hours notice. Working conditions are a post-disaster environment. This means a lack of power, telephone, hotels, and most other modern conveniences for a long period of time. Stress levels are high, but the rewards are great. The people we are helping need to get their lives back in order, we are there to help.
Build a better career with RealStreet!