FEMA Site Inspector / Project Specialist (Major Damage)
Wilmington, NC 22201
In support of FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) program, we are actively searching for highly skilled architects, engineers and health and safety construction professionals to support disaster recovery efforts in the roll of Site Inspector / Project Specialist:
FEMA will require individuals with specific technical expertise to conduct site inspections on sites with major damage (e.g., destroyed facilities; facilities with extensive damage; facilities with significant damage to mechanical, electrical and plumbing components, etc.) to document disaster-related damage. These individuals will conduct site inspections to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection to include the following additional tasks:
- Reviewing and analyzing professional architectural/engineering reports and designs or as-built plans
- Thoroughly documenting analyses in writing
- Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Validating applicant-provided scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Developing and reviewing cost estimates
- Advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process. Should arbitration hearings occur, testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf
All positions are W2 as an employee of RealStreet. Company benefits include: health plan, LTD, dental and vision plans. A generous 401(k) with huge company match is available upon attaining eligibility.
Salary is based upon experience, position requirements, classification criteria and skill level qualifications. Full expenses are paid, (including travel to and from the site, lodging and per diem) in accordance with the GSA schedule.
Candidates with previous FEMA disaster experience and training are strongly encouraged to apply. Please indicate training received and PW experience by category and number of each type PW completed.
Successful candidates willing to become a ‘Part of the Team’ with RealStreet will commit to complete training, honoring deployment commitments and overall availability.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements for position for which they are applying:
- First-level professionals shall possess an Undergraduate Degree, professional registration and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in their field of expertise or an Undergraduate Degree with five (5) years of expertise
- Mid-level professionals shall possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in their field of expertise, professional registration and an Undergraduate Degree, or an Undergraduate Degree with ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise
- Senior-level professionals shall possess a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise, professional registration and an Undergraduate Degree, or an Undergraduate Degree with fifteen (15) years of experience in their field of expertise
As these are Public Trust positions, all candidates must submit to and successfully be deemed suitable for such a position as a result of an FBI background check. Failure to satisfactorily complete any aspect of this process is grounds for immediate termination.
You must be able to work seven (7) days a week for extremely long hours each day and leave your home within 48 hours notice. Working conditions are a post-disaster environment. This means a lack of power, telephone, hotels, and most other modern conveniences for a long period of time. Stress levels are high, but the rewards are great. The people we are helping need to get their lives back in order, we are there to help.
Build a better career with RealStreet!