FEMA Site Inspectors (Minor to Medium Damage)
Wilmington, NC 22201
In support of FEMA's Public Assistance (PA) program, we are actively searching for Construction Inspectors and Civil Engineers to support disaster recovery efforts as Site Inspectors.
These individuals will conduct site inspections for sites with minor damage (e.g., minor damage to roads, non-structural building damage, etc.) to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection. Specific tasks include:
- Communicating and coordinating with other PA staff involved in the PA Program delivery process for Applicants
- Performing accurate quantification and providing detailed descriptions of disaster related damage, including debris
- Taking representative photographs that depict damage claims and completing sketches of sites to supplement photographs and capture profile and cross sectional perspectives
- Obtaining the Applicant representative’s agreement that all disaster-related damage was described and quantified correctly
- Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
All positions are W2 as an employee of RealStreet. Company benefits include: health plan, LTD, dental and vision plans. A generous 401(k) with huge company match is available upon attaining eligibility.
Salary is based upon experience, position requirements, classification criteria and skill level qualifications. Full expenses are paid, (including travel to and from the site, lodging and per diem) in accordance with the GSA schedule.
Candidates with previous FEMA disaster experience and training are strongly encouraged to apply. Please indicate training received and PW experience by category and number of each type PW completed.
Successful candidates willing to become a ‘Part of the Team’ with RealStreet will commit to complete training, honoring deployment commitments and overall availability.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirements for position for which they are applying:
- First-level professionals shall possess an Undergraduate Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in their field of expertise or five (5) years of expertise
- Mid-level professionals shall possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in their field of expertise and an Undergraduate Degree, or ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise
- Senior-level professionals shall possess a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in their field of expertise and an Undergraduate Degree; or fifteen (15) years of experience in their field of expertise
As these are Public Trust positions, all candidates must submit to and successfully be deemed suitable for such a position as a result of an FBI background check. Failure to satisfactorily complete any aspect of this process is grounds for immediate termination.
You must be able to work seven (7) days a week for extremely long hours each day and leave your home within 48 hours notice. Working conditions are a post-disaster environment. This means a lack of power, telephone, hotels, and most other modern conveniences for a long period of time. Stress levels are high, but the rewards are great. The people we are helping need to get their lives back in order, we are there to help.
Build a better career with RealStreet!