Facilitators, Editors, Recorders & Note Takers
Rockville, MD 20850 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected construction management executives to owners and leading contractors, working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country specializing exclusively in this area, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading organizations enabling us access to the top engineering and construction programs throughout the country.
RealStreet has an assignment for Facilitators, Copy Editors, Recorders and Note Takers. These individuals will support our client, which focuses on project and partners addressing issues of social equity, sustainable communities and healthy populations. In addition to a competitive pay, this position provides a benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Facilitators, Copy Editors, Recorders and Note Takers will join a cadre of “on-demand” professionals to support an annual 4-6 month project involving peer review of applications for government-funded grant programs.
The ideal candidate is:
- A qualified professional seeking to work a flexible schedule with availability during the peak peer review season, typically February – September
- Experienced and motivated to work independently in a fast-paced environment, often with very tight deadlines
- Well-versed, possessing the diverse skill-sets necessary to perform the full array of assignment types
Candidates may apply for one specific assignment type though. Actual assignments will be based on each individuals’ expertise and preferences, after their successful completion of task-specific training modules.
Specific Assignment Types:
The role of a Facilitator is to moderate panel discussions via conference calls (duration may last 1 – 4 hours) with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and client representatives for the purpose of prompting discussion and eliciting consensus in their assessment of applications for grant funding.
Ideal candidates for this assignment are skilled copy editors / perceptive proofreaders with a meticulous attention to detail. Substantive editing is rarely required, as those in this role ensure accuracy, (correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation and formatting issues) while leaving a very light footprint. Editors are expected to handle a high-volume of work under very tight deadlines.
The role of the “on-site” Recorder is to create a final summary report for each grant application reviewed by capturing consensus comments dictated by a panel of SMEs. Meetings typically take place from March to May and are conducted in-person at various hotel venues throughout the Washington, DC metro area.
The role of the Note Taker is to host webinar meetings with participation via conference calls. During this time, Note Takers are responsible for capturing, displaying and editing consensus comments generated by a panel of subject matter experts (SMEs). The typical duration of these meetings is 2-4 hours.
Overall candidate requirements include:
Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to strictly adhere to client-specific guidelines and procedures
A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) and 4 or more years related experience. It may be possible for additional relevant experience to be substituted for education
Specific Requirements for Each Assignment Type:
Facilitators must possess:
- Experience leading group discussions and/or moderating panel discussions either in-person or via conference calls
- The ability to utilize a call script to conduct introductions and relay call instructions
- A clear and assertive speaking voice, and have the capacity to comfortably, respectfully and effectively interact with SMEs and high-ranking, industry leading professionals
- A private work space, a stable and secure internet connection, a reliable telephone connection, (with excellent call reception) and a color printer and scanner
- Status as a U.S. Citizen, as Facilitators are required to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
Copy Editors must possess:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, particularly editing documents in MS Word utilizing track changes
- Experience editing documents that contain highly technical subject matter and terminology.
- A strict adherence to guidelines and procedures
- The ability to devote a minimum of 20 hours per week during the peak editing season, typically from May to September
Recorders must possess:
- Previous writing/editing experience
- Experience supporting in-person panel meetings/group discussions
- The ability and willingness to travel to hotel venues in the Washington, DC metro region approximately 3 days per week during the annual 5-8-week meeting period. Travel costs are reimbursed (All 2022 meetings will be handled via Zoom, all meetings in 2023 will be back to in-person)
- A proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- A working and reliable laptop
Note Takers must possess:
- Experience participating in (but preferably hosting) webinar meetings (knowledge of WebEx is preferred)
- Previous writing/editing experience, notably working with documents containing highly technical and/or scientific subject matter and terminology
- Poise under pressure, as Note Takers must operate comfortably and project confidence while working under tight deadlines with SMEs and high-ranking industry professionals
- Must possess a clear and assertive speaking voice, and be perceptive, patient, composed and tactful in order to successfully interact with SMEs, program staff and client representatives
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- A private work space, a stable telephone connection with excellent call reception and a dependable and secure internet connection
- U.S. citizenship, as Note Takers are required to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
Some of the positions require the candidate to be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. Clearance checks will be handled by RealStreet prior to start of assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long – Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.