Facilitators, Editors & Note Takers
Virginia, Telework (partial) 20879 | Temp/Contract
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have great assignments for Facilitators, Note Takers and Editors with one of our top clients. As a Facilitator, Note Taker or Editor, you will be supporting our client, a leader in global security and information technology located in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Facilitators, Note Takers and Editors will be a team of “on-demand” professionals needed to support a 4-6 month peer review project. Assignment types include: meeting facilitation, note taking, and editing for the purpose of assessing funding applications for grant programs.
Typical duties and responsibilities for the Facilitator position include:
- Participating in Facilitator Training, attending a one time in-person session (approximately 3 hours).
- Observe one complete, live consensus call.
- Have first facilitation assignment observed by experienced facilitator.
- Preparing for each assigned call: Prep time per call is approximately 1 hour.
- Serving as the panel facilitator via a teleconference consensus meeting. Each call may run approximately 1 to 4 hours.
- Using a call script, conducting introductions and relaying call instructions.
- Prompting discussion and consensus among a panel of 2-4 subject matter experts.
- Keeping the pace of the call on track by moving discussion forward when necessary.
- Providing end of call and follow-up instructions.
- Conducting Post Call follow-up: Follow-up time per call is approximately 30 minutes.
- Conducting site visits to witness construction progress.
Typical duties and responsibilities for Note Taking / Editing position include:
- Must have previous writing/editing experience.
- Serving as note taker to document reviewer comments during consensus discussions conducted in a variety of formats including in-person meetings, teleconference, and/or using virtual meeting software programs.
Required Home Office Equipment:
- A land-line telephone preferably with speaker phone and mute features (or a head set).
- Computer with Microsoft Office (word and adobe)
- Reliable internet access. *Color printer and fax and/or scan capabilities.
Specific qualifications for the Facilitator, Note Taker and Editor role include:
- BA/BS Degree plus 4 years of related experience.
- Selected candidates will be working from home and also asked to travel to meetings/conferences throughout the DC/Metro area when needed if serving as a Notetaker.
- Note takers will need to travel to meetings with their own laptops.
- Facilitators must have a clear and assertive speaking voice; and possess the ability to be respectful, tactful, and at times, assertive to successfully interact with program staff, client representatives, and subject matter experts.
- All candidates must have excellent attention to details, strong QC capabilities, data entry and communication skills.
- Must be motivated and able to work independently or in a team environment when needed.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in a fast-paced environment often with very tight deadlines.
- Experience facilitating meetings through WebEx is preferred.
The nature of these positions requires all candidates to be a US Citizen and to hold a Public Trust Clearance. Clearance checks will be handled by RealStreet prior to start of assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
Build a better career with RealStreet!