Facilities Project Manager
Chicago, Remote 60603 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Facilities Project Manager. This individual will support our client, a multidisciplinary engineering firm Chicago, IL with aviation, healthcare, higher education and manufacturing projects across the country. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Facilities Project Manager will become a critical part of a technical services team base out of Chicago, Illinois. This individual will provide the team with the engineering and technical support needed to plan, schedule, coordinate, and manage the delivery of facility condition assessments, new construction commissioning and existing building commissioning. The position can be remote, but requires regularly scheduled travel to the Chicago office as well as to projects across the country.
Responsibilities of the Facilities Project Manager include:
- Conducting on-site inspections and building condition assessments using inspection and capital planning software on an iPad
- Performing walk-through surveys of accessible major building systems (mechanical, electrical and plumbing), structures and foundations, representative interiors, common areas, exterior walls, windows, flat roofs, low-sloped roofs and pavements
- Providing photographic and written documentation of site and building features
- Identifying and inspecting systems and building components to determine their condition, remaining useful life and deficiencies
- Gathering information to produce cost estimates needed to repair or replace deficiencies and provide ongoing maintenance
- Interviewing individuals with knowledge of the structures, such as owners, owner’s representatives, tenants, service providers and local officials
Specific qualifications for the Facilities Project Manager include:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering is preferred
- Three (3) years of relevant experience to include:
- Three (3) years of facility condition assessment, commissioning, energy modeling or technical consulting (in areas such as property condition assessments, test and balance, facility design and engineering) experience
- A strong knowledge of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, fire protection and control systems
- Preferred certifications include:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Registered Architect (RA)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Commissioning (CxA)
- LEED Green Associate (GA)
- LEED Accredited Professional (AP)
- Ability to travel forty to sixty percent (40–60%) of time
- Valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.