General Construction QA Inspector
Bethesda, MD 21122
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the great opportunities throughout the Continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a General Construction Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector. As a General Construction QA Inspector, you will support our client, a leader in mitigating construction risk offering a broad range of construction management and consulting services to optimize value within the built environment.
The General Construction QA Inspector position is located in Bethesda, MD, and supports a building renovation project intended to house complex biomedical research laboratories including a certified Good Management Practices (cGMP) laboratory. The General Construction QA Inspector will be responsible for providing daily inspections, reporting and participating in meetings with the construction contractor, the architect-engineering contractor and the client. Additional duties to include:
- Conducting daily site inspections and providing construction work are reports for the full project to include architectural finishes and construction, fire extinguishers, appropriate signage, noting the number of field workers and trades present on-site, work being performed, etc.
- Observing for safety violations and taking a series of photographs per floor from designated locations and viewpoints for consistency
- Photograph deficiencies when found and coordinate corrections with the client
- Logging and tracking deficiencies as per Construction Quality Management (CQM) team standards
- Utilizing construction management software platforms including eBuilder, PlanGrid and other construction management applications on both tablets and laptops
Specific qualifications for the General Construction QA Inspector role include:
- High school diploma
- 10 years minimum experience providing QA inspection services
- Demonstrated experience providing QA inspection services on a project at least $100M in construction value
- Experience providing QA inspection services for a biomedical research facility or laboratory of BSL-2 (or higher) within last 10 years
- Physical ability to provide daily inspections of 13-story building without elevator access
- Architectural experience or background is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!