Landscape Architect - Practice Leader
Fairfax, VA 30046
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level AEC employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's top companies, enabling us access to the top opportunities throughout the continental U.S.
RealStreet currently has a great opportunity for a Landscape Architect. This individual will support our client, a growing design firm in Fairfax, Virginia. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Landscape Architect position is based in Fairfax, VA, and will be responsible to manage each phase and piece of design projects.
Additional responsibilities of the Landscape Architect include:
- Provides leadership of the local business development effort
- Provides accurate timely communications to clients to include proposal, contracts and responses to RFIs
- Maintains involvement in industry associations which relate to the local offices targeted business market segments
- Preforms design activities related to projects
- Coordinates architectural, civil engineering, landscape architectural and planning services on projects
- Prepares conceptual and schematic design plans and graphics for presentation.
- Prepare layout studies, yield studies and parking studies for various land development projects
- Works on design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for Concept, Schematic, Detail and Construction drawing plans with respect to the overall landscaping requirements
- Conducts code research, writing specifications and coordinate/expediting agency permitting
- Prepares Landscape and Hardscape Plans from concept development through construction documents
- Prepares environmental, tree conservation and mitigation plans for agency approval
Specific qualifications for the Landscape Architect role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Landscape Architecture
- Professional Licensure in design field ASLA
- 10 years minimum professional Landscape Architectural experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2020 or more recent, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!