Lead Mechanical Engineer
Springfield, VA 20151
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Lead Mechanical Engineer. This individual will support our client, a premier global government and private-sector partner supporting critical programs based out of Chantilly, VA, with projects in Springfield, VA. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will become a part of our client’s Operations & Maintenance team supporting a mission critical customer by providing services to include construction, power generation, warehousing, transportation systems, environmental health and safety, security and all aspects of maintaining and repairing the site and its ancillary buildings in Springfield, VA. The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to tradesmen who operate and maintain existing mechanical systems.
Responsibilities of the Lead Mechanical Engineer include:
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgement in making adaptation and modifications
- Performing all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works
- Supporting clients who are developing system upgrade requirements
- Providing technical support to project managers overseeing design and execution of facility and infrastructure upgrade projects
- Managing energy conservation programs to include fine tuning existing systems
- Developing projects to reduce usage and cost
Specific qualifications for the Lead Mechanical Engineer include:
- B.S. Degree or higher in engineering or similar applicable discipline
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Virginia or able to obtain PE certification within 90 days of hire
- 5 years of mechanical experience providing troubleshooting and design support to facility mechanical systems, including:
- Fire Alarms
- Energy management control systems
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time ranging up to $300k per project
- Experience with reviewing preventive maintenance plans
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018
- Experience performing overall capacity management, maintaining building calculations to manage supply available with loads required
- Experience managing energy conservation programs
- Familiarity with typical codes such as Uniform Mechanical Code (UMC), International Mechanical Code (IMC), ASHRAE 90.1 and Unified Facility Criteria (UFC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an active TS government security clearance, with an active TS/SCI preferred
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and LEED Green Associate or LEED AP (O&M) certification is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long-term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.