Glen Burnie, MD | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Mechanical Designer with one of our top clients. As a Mechanical Designer, you will be supporting our client, a mechanical, electrical and construction management firm providing M/E/P engineering consulting, design and construction management services for various commercial construction projects and clients nationwide.
The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for performing mechanical calculations, providing code research and designing HVAC and plumbing systems for various commercial office buildings, interior office tenants, retail, multi-family residential and other projects, to include:
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously with one or more Mechanical Engineers
- Printing, collating and sending out drawings
- Updating backgrounds from architects
- Conducting field surveys on various projects
- Inspecting contractors work at the construction site along with the Engineer
- Performing designs in AutoCAD and Revit
- Coordinating internally with Electrical Engineers and Designers
Specific qualifications for the Mechanical Designer role include:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited college or university
- Minimum of three years mechanical design experience for commercial and multi-family residential construction projects
- Proficient in the latest versions of AutoCAD
- Revit experience is a plus
- Ability to perform field survey work
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or PE (Professional Engineer) licenses are a plus
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a choice of health care coverage, prescription, dental and vision plans, life insurance and a 401k with company match.
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!