Mobile, AL 36609 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Mechanical Designer. This individual will support our client, a design engineering firm based out of Mobile, AL, with commercial, industrial and federal projects around the country. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Mechanical Designer will become a part of our client’s Mobile, Alabama office. This individual will become a critical part of a project design team.
- Generating drawings of mechanical systems such as:
- Performing heating and cooling load calculations, duct and pipe calculations, and ventilation calculations
- Maintaining engineering documentation
- Reviewing project designs and ensuring technical quality and industry standards are maintained
- Meeting project financial goals and schedules
- Mentoring designers and drafters
Specific qualifications for the Mechanical Designer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a mechanical designer in manufacturing industry working on:
- Commercial building
- Restoration and renovation
- Knowledge of building codes in use including:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Proficient with AutoCAD, latest version
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.