Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Design
Washington, DC 20151 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great opportunity for Mechanical Engineer – Facilities Design. This individual will support our client, a leading MEP Engineering firm based out of Northern Virginia / Washington DC area, with projects across the globe. The position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Mechanical Engineer will become a part of our client’s Facilities Design Group based in the Washington DC area. This group works as a team in a fast-paced, hands-on environment to meet client needs on specialized, mission critical projects.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer include:
- Supporting senior engineers and projects in tasks such as:
- Design of Commercial and Government projects
- Understanding the Architectural-Engineering design process and specifications of construction documents
- Coordinating with team members and interacting with contractors and customers to ensure project success and ongoing client satisfaction
Specific qualifications for the Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Design role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification, preferred
- Three (3) or more years of Mechanical Engineering in Facilities Design
- One (1) or more years of HVAC survey experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.