Mechanical Engineer II
Arlington, VA 22046 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have an assignment for a Mechanical Engineer II in Arlington, VA, supporting mission critical projects throughout the National Capital Region (NCR). In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Mechanical Engineer II will be responsible for supporting the engineering and design efforts related to pre-construction and supporting the project management team.
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer II include:
- Supporting Government acquisition efforts for both A/E services and construction projects by coordinating efforts across Government working groups
- Managing and overseeing forensic studies and designs for the following types of projects:
- New construction
- Renovations and improvements to real property facilities
- MEP utility systems
- Providing engineering support and analysis to the Government in their management of awarded study and design contracts
- Reviewing A/E contractor’s work and providing written reports of the findings to the Government
- Supporting the Government in conducting site evaluations, field surveys and site visits to determine constructability and code compliance
- Conducting design technical reviews from initial concept to 100% design drawings
- Independently schedules and leads weekly and monthly project progress meetings to evaluate schedule progress, identify departures from the accepted baseline schedule and evaluate risk to long-term project and program health
Specific qualifications for the Mechanical Engineer II include:
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering*
- Ten (10) years of related mechanical engineering experience*
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass and maintain a Public Trust Clearance (HSPD-12 fingerprint background check)
* Additional combinations of education, licensure and experience may be considered, but are subject to government acceptance.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.