Norfolk, VA 23502 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. This individual will support our client, an engineering firm based out of Norfolk, Virginia, with projects throughout the coastal Virginia area. In addition to a competitive salary, this position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Mechanical Engineer will become a part of our client’s mechanical engineering design services group in Norfolk, Virginia. This individual will independently perform detailed phases of design engineering work for construction projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Assisting with the planning, organization and completion of a variety of assignments which require engineering techniques for building mechanical systems including airside, waterside, steam and temperature control systems
- Traveling to project sites to investigate site conditions, utilities and construction progress to ensure requirements are met
- Providing design calculations, design drawings, project specifications, building assessments and construction observations
- Reviewing designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and other project specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years progressive design experience, ideally with commercial mechanical contractor
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to travel up to twenty percent (20%) of the time
- Authorized to work in the US
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.