Mid-Level Cost Estimator
Alexandria, VA 22314
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a mid-level Cost Estimator with one of our top clients. Our client is a cost and project management firm that provides independent, practical and actionable advice to their clients.
The mid-level Cost Estimator will assist with preparing the client with cost estimating, bid analysis, change order management, life-cycle costs analysis, contractual interpretation and positioning, value management and all other commercial construction aspects. The mid-level Cost Estimator will collaborate between our cost managers and project managers such that each benefits from the other’s project experience and complementary skill sets to continually improve services.
The mid-level Cost Estimator shall:
- Provide detailed cost estimates with labor, material and equipment breakdowns at all stages of project life-cycle: feasibility, concept through the various design stages to pre-bid
- Responsible for change order management
- Apply knowledge of architectural, structural and civil disciplines
- Apply knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Perform bid analysis
- Process monthly payment applications from General Contractors
- Provide life-cycle cost analysis and other economic studies
Specific qualifications for the mid-level Cost Estimator role include:
- 7+ years cost management experience on medium to large-scale construction projects such as hospitality, commercial, educational and governmental
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in a construction-related discipline
- Has working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Knowledge of architectural, structural and civil disciplines
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and problem-solve
- Capacity to work in a team setting with minimal supervision or direction
- Experience in writing business documents such as reports, detailed letters and emails
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Experience with estimating software such as Bluebeam
- Must be a U.S. Citizen*
*The nature of this position requires all candidates to be US Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an Active Clearance. Background checks will be required prior to start of assignment and will encompass a criminal background check as well as a credit check.
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!