Office Engineer / Document Controller (Remote)
St. Louis, MO 15112
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for an Office Engineer / Document Controller. As an Office Engineer / Document Controller with RealStreet, you will be working on an Architect – Engineer (AE) Services Program for a mission-critical customer in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Office Engineer / Document Controller role can be performed remotely, but it requires occasional travel to St. Louis, MO. Primary responsibilities for this position include document control, data management and technical review of information management plans and documents. Additional responsibilities include:
- Attending and actively participating in weekly meetings during the configuration of Aconex software
- Providing configuration suggestions to improve the system with respect to data architecture, organization, document management and other aspects of the software
- Providing a written summary report following each meeting with actions taken, suggestions made, action items, etc.
- Reviewing information management plans and documents submitted by Aconex (i.e. Information Management Policy and Project Configuration Plans) to effectively provide suggestions on organizational structure
- Working with design-build contractor and USACE personnel to further configure the Aconex software as required
- Reviewing contractor submitted Requests for Information (RFIs) pertaining to the Aconex software and providing technical responses to USACE
- Generating and reviewing documentation for all configuration changes or requirements
- Providing RFI technical analysis with each submitted RFI
- Assisting USACE organizational administrator and assisting with the management of users, creation of user accounts and managing user roles and responsibilities
- Auditing documents uploaded to the Aconex system weekly and creating reports summarizing usage, compliance with established document naming conventions and other established policies within the Information Management Policy and Project Configuration documents
- Providing a summary monthly report with results of previous weekly audits noting deficiencies within the software with respect to documents, document naming and non-compliance with established policies
Specific qualifications for the Office Engineer / Document Controller role include:
- 2 years minimum experience with web-based construction management software or data management systems and experience in control of drawings and project documentation
- Must have experience with researching, evaluating, interpreting and applying Federal records management laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment providing accurate data to team members to ensure forecasted project compliance and reporting
- Experience with Aconex software on large ($100M+) contracts is highly desirable
- Experience with USACE Resident Management System (RMS) is preferred
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering is desired
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!