Pre-Construction Engineering Consultant
Philadelphia, PA 20132 | Direct
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Pre-Construction Engineering Consultant with one of our top clients. As a Pre-Construction Engineering Consultant, you will be supporting our client, an engineering firm focused on ground improvement and earth structure technology. This is a long term opportunity based from your home office with the corporate office in Northern, VA.
The primary responsibilities of the Pre-Construction Engineering Consultant will be to establish and manage contacts across the portfolio, request and schedule meetings and distribute sales materials to general contractors, construction management, geotechnical & engineering firms and state road construction departments across the Mid-Atlantic region, to include:
- Meet projected targets for new work booked in your region for each fiscal year
- Understand customer goals and technical challenges and maintain our client’s position as the regional leader in ground improvement and deep foundation technologies
- Maintain a regional plan that focuses on key accounts and sales stimulus activities including planned lunch & learns, workshops, tradeshows and newsletters / mailings
- Work with an experienced engineering and construction team to help qualify project opportunities and develop design-build solutions
- Work with project engineers, cost engineers and project managers to qualify leads and opportunities
- Identify and sell into new and existing market applications for foundation support products
- Prepare and deliver proposals and bids in an efficient and timely manner
- Stay abreast of industry and technical trends
- Represent our client to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Perform customer needs assessments and solution-finding sessions
- Search for new clients and maximize client potential in designated regions
- Develop long-term relationships with leading geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, general contractors and owners in the area through managing and interpreting their needs
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Present persuasive technical presentations to clients
- Regularly meet with customers in assigned region to maintain and establish client relationships and new work (required travel up to 3 days per week)
Specific qualifications for the Pre-Construction Engineering Consultant role include:
- M.S. degree in civil engineering with a concentration in geotechnical or structural engineering
- 8+ years of experience performing a combination of geotechnical engineering and proposal/bid/business development responsibilities
- Weekly business travel for client meetings is expected, travel 50-70% of the time.
- Geographic territory for sales activity is the Greater Philadelphia area
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
Build a better construction career with RealStreet and contact us today!