Principal Electrical Engineer
Greenville, SC 29607 US
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As a leading firm in the country which specializes entirely in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the top companies throughout the continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Principal Electrical Engineer. This individual will support our client, an engineering, procurement and construction services firm with projects around the world. The position provides a benefits package which includes an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will provide electrical engineering services for nuclear projects out of our client’s office in Greenville, South Carolina.
Responsibilities of the Principal Electrical Engineer include:
- Providing technical direction to engineers
- Planning, organizing and coordinating electrical engineering and multi-disciplined team/design projects while engaging in the planning, design and construction phases of engineering projects
- Preparing engineering cost and schedule estimates
- Preparing and modifying electrical design drawings, such as single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagram layouts, raceways, lighting and groundings
- Generating and reviewing designs, design criteria, calculations and specifications
- Interpreting and applying National, state and local codes and standards, as well as customer design requirements, for the preparation of electrical design, construction documents, specifications and system descriptions
- Conducting construction document reviews
- Analyzing and making independent recommendations, using Cost Competitive Execution techniques, to develop the most cost-effective solutions in accordance with organizational and project objectives and guidelines
- Participating in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting and subcontracting
- Reviewing vendor equipment documentation and seeking discrepancy resolution
Specific qualifications for the Principal Electrical Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant electrical engineering design or field experience, preferably including:
- Federal project experience with the Department of Energy (DOE) or the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation experience
- Effort-hour estimating and staff forecasting experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) as well as membership and active participation in external technical societies is preferred
- Strong computer skills with:
- Experience using word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
- 3D modeling experience, preferably using Integraph S3D and SEL
- A working knowledge of Federal (including the Department of Energy), state and local codes and standards applicable to civil engineering design, as well as commercial availability and cost of materials, means and methods of construction
- Must be a US Citizen
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
RealStreet is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.